I am obsessed with creating trinket trays. I am always on the hunt for unique ceramic trays at Goodwill. Embossing is usually my go-to craft but I decided to try something new. Using alcohol inks you are able to create an abstract watercolor look to your ceramic pieces. It is so easy and no matter what it turns out beautiful.
What you’ll need:
- Alcohol Ink
- Dr. Ph. Martin’s Copper Plate Gold Ink
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- DecoArt Triple Thick Gloss Glaze
- Paint Brushes
- Multi-purpose Heat Gun Tool
- Ceramic Dish
How to make:
- Clean your dish with a paper towel.
- Add a small amount of alcohol to the dish.
- Drip small drops of colorful ink onto the alcohol.
- Move around the ink into the desired pattern.
- Move ink around with heat tool until dry.
- Repeat steps 2-5 until you have a design you like.
- Once dry use a small paintbrush to add gold accents.
- Wait 24 hours to fully dry.
- Paint on the glaze to seal piece.
- Enjoy your beautiful trinket tray!
If you don’t like your design, simply add rubbing alcohol back into the dish and wipe away!
Shop the trinket tray in this post at CarliReneeCrafts Etsy Page!